Re: [patch]: ide dma timeout retry in pio

From: Larry McVoy (lm@bitmover.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 01:18:09 EST

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:12:31PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:
> > really? do we know the nature of the DMA engine problem well enough?
> 3. Bad cabling

For what it is worth, in the recent postings I made about this topic, you
suggested that it was bad cabling, I swapped the cabling, same problem.
I swapped the mother board from Abit K7T to ASUS A7V and all cables worked
fine.

I really think there is a software problem in there with certain chipsets,
those from VIA seem to be problematic.

--
---