Re: Broken memory init on VIA KX133

From: Dylan Griffiths (Dylan_G@bigfoot.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 17:32:50 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> > I'm wondering if anyone knows/has a fix for memory past 64mb not
being
> > detected (unless you use append="mem=...M" in lilo) on the Via VT8371
> > [KX133] North bridge. (Please CC any replies since I'm off kernel list
> > atm.)
>
> Consult your BIOS vendor

Actually, I just did some additional testing (as this was not an issue with
FreebSD 4.2, Win2k, Win98 on the same hardware). The problem I describe was
fixed in 2.2.19 -- where Linux now properly uses e820 instead of a legacy
BIOS call to determine memory size.

--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.