toshiba(freecom) USB cdrom kernel panic

From: david (david@apollos.ttu.ee)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 05:15:26 EST

Hi

I have strange problems with my Toshiba(actually Freecom) USB cdrom cable.
inserting the usb-storage takes some minutes, until it returns. Then
mounting the cdrom works, but when i started copying from cd, a kernel
panic occured. It happens every time, i try to copy something from cd.
Kernel is 2.4.5. Hardware is Abit BE6-II / PIII 667. Decoded oops and
dmesg output included, if more info is needed, please write directly to
me, as i am not subscribed to this list. Thanks :)