Re: [Linux-ntfs] Re: [Linux-NTFS-Dev] Re: ANN: NTFS new release available (1.1.15)

From: Jeff V. Merkey (jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 11:42:29 EST

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 10:18:41AM +0200, Martin von Loewis wrote:
> > > Anyone know about 3.1?
> > >

> > It's an HPFS variant.
>
> No. NT was using NTFS right from the start.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

No. They were not. Their first cuts of NT used an HPFS variant until
NTFS could be completed. The guy who wrote NTFS for MS was a consultant
for us for several years, and I got a very long briefing on the history
of NT file systems over the years.

I do not know which version was the cutover, but I do believe it was
pre 3.X NT versions.

Jeff