Re: serial console problems under 2.4.4/5

From: Narayan Desai (desai@mcs.anl.gov)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 14:12:43 EST

Mike> In article <yrxofscdnpj.fsf@terra.mcs.anl.gov>,
Mike> Narayan Desai <desai@mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>> Hi. I have started having serial console problems in the last bunch
>> of kernel releases. I have tried various 2.4.4 and 2.4.5 ac kernels
>> (up to and including 2.4.5-ac4) and the problem has persisted. The
>> problem is basically that serial console doesn't recieve.

Mike> The serial driver now pays attention to the CREAD bit. Sysvinit
Mike> clears it, so that's where it goes wrong.

Mike> I don't think this change should have gone into a 'stable'
Mike> kernel version. 2.5.0 would have been fine, not 2.4.4

How would I go about resetting this so that serial console worked
again? thanks...
 -nld