PROMISE+ATHLON crashes with 2.4.3ac7 or higher. workaround?

From: Christian Bornträger (christian@borntraeger.net)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 16:28:49 EST

Hi all,

I faced several system hangs with an ASUS A7V133 using a kernel 2.4.3ac7 or
higher. (I reported this some time ago)
Now I removed the 2 hard drives from the promise controller and attached
them an to the via controller.
After that step I could not reproduced the system freeze at least with
2.4.5.
So I __guess__ that the promise controller in combination with the VIA PCI
Interface leads to some trouble. I will do some further investigations, to
find out, if the promise controller was my problem.

Just ask if you need more information.

greetings

Christian Bornträger