Re: [OFF-TOPIC] 4 ports ETH cards

From: Martin Josefsson (gandalf@wlug.westbo.se)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 17:57:54 EST

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

[snip]
> Just got three of these suckers and I'm about to order a bunch
> more (happy camper)...

yes the Dlink DFE570-TX is a very nice card indeed.

[snip]
> Because the D-Link cards were less than half of the nearest
> competitor [ < $180 vs > $360 for others and Compac was > $2400! ] I
> ordered only three not knowing for sure if they would work. Turned on
> the tulip driver and them suckers fired right up. Now I know they work,
> stock, right out of the box, and I can order a bunch more for the lab
> I'm working with.

I use those cards in all routers here and they work extremely well.
But I don't use the standard vanilla tulip driver that's in the official
kernel. I use an optimized version that handled high traffic volumes much
better, it decreases the interrupt-load quite a lot. (this driver is about
to be merged with the standard tulip driver IIRC)
I havn't had any problems with these cards so I can really recommend them.

/Martin