Sound card lockup on 2.4.5-ac4 and -ac5

From: Ben Twijnstra (bentw@chello.nl)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 08:47:39 EST

Hi there,

As of 2.4.5-ac4 (maybe -ac3 too), my sound card (a cs46xx) has stopped
working. Looks like there's something wrong with the interrupt handling code
because the device remains busy, I get weird lockups after having run and
^C-ed sndconfig. Also, when I look at /proc/interrupts after sndconfig, the
IRQ for the sound card seems stuck at 0.

I've seen changes in the driver code, but they don't seem to have much to do
with the interrupt handling.

Any ideas?