(no subject)

From: Jonas Diemer (diemer@gmx.de)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 11:19:28 EST

Hello!

I hope this is the right place for my request. I have heard about a VIA sytem timer bug.

I have a Via KX-133 (for athlon) board and the following problem:

Once the bug is triggered, the system timer goes crazy (i think it is the system timer, i am not sure). following things happen then: X blanks the screen all the time, licq auto-aways or auto-disconnects...

the bug is triggered by high disk throughput (copying large amounts of data from one hd to another) and it often occurs during open-gl.

I have heard, that there is a patch since 2.4.4-ac?, so i upgraded to 2.4.5, but the bug still occurs. do i have to set up something in make menuconfig? if so, what?

-regards, Jonas Diemer

PS: I have NOT subscribed to the list, so please CC me your response.