Re: Configure.help is complete

From: Eric S. Raymond (esr@thyrsus.com)
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 15:50:34 EST

Arjan van de Ven <arjanv@redhat.com>:
> > Linux Kernel v2.4.5-ac5 Configuration
> > CML1
> >
> > Bottom of IDE, ATA and ATAPI Block devices;
> >
> > < > Support Promise software RAID (NEW) -> Help
> > There is no help available for this kernel option.
>
> How about
> "Say "Y" or "M" if you have a Promise Fasttrak (tm) Raid controller
> and want linux to use the softwarraid feature of this card.
> This driver uses /dev/ataraid/dXpY (X and Y numbers) as device names.
>
> If you have a Promise Fasttrak(tm) card but do not use the BIOS provided
> raid feature, say "N".

Um, tell me what the symbol name and prompt for this is, please?

[President Clinton] boasts about 186,000 people denied firearms under the Brady Law rules. The Brady Law has been in force for three years. In that time, they have prosecuted seven people and put three of them in prison. You know, the President has entertained more felons than that at fundraising coffees in the White House, for Pete's sake." -- Charlton Heston, FOX News Sunday, 18 May 1997 - To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/