Re: Abysmal RECV network performance

From: Stephen Degler (sdegler@degler.net)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2001 - 01:13:58 EST

Hi,

I'm guessing that the tulip driver is not setting the chip up correctly.
I've seen this happen with other tulip variants (21143) when tries to
autonegotiate. if you do an ifconfig eth1 you will see numerous carrier
and crc errors.

Set the tulip_debug flag to 2 or 3 in /etc/modules.conf and see what
gets said.

A newer version of the driver may help you. You might try the one on
sourceforge.

Also, I've only ever seen full 100BaseT speeds with decent adapters,
like 21143 based tulips, Intel eepros, and vortex/boomerang 3com cards.
A lot of the cheaper controllers just won't get there.

skd