about mips linux root file system

From: Qingbo Wu (wuqb@china.com)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 03:08:08 EST

Hi, all,

I am new to this mail list. Our university are porting linux to our
mips evaluation board. There is no network card and CDROM driver
can not work under linux. But we have serail port, I can download
our modified kernel to evaluation board, and it can run, stop
at mount root file system.
I think if I can use ramdisk using serail port. I do not know
how to combine kernel image with ramdisk root file image.
And where can I get small size root file image for mipsel?
If someone knows, please help me.
Thanks in advance!

Barry