Re: [2.4.5 and all ac-Patches] massive file corruption with reiser or NFS

From: Andreas Hartmann (andihartmann@freenet.de)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 07:41:04 EST

Am Samstag, 2. Juni 2001 12:52 schrieb Rasmus Bøg Hansen:
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> > I got massive file corruptions with the kernels mentioned in the subject.
> > I can reproduce it every time.
>
> You cannot use NFS on reiserfs unless you apply the knfsd patch. Look at
> www.namesys.com.

Thank you very much for your advice.

I tested your suggestion and run the machine without NFS-mounted devices - it
seems to be working fine.

Anyway - I'm wondering why I didn't get any problem until 2.4.4ac10 with this
configuration without the appropriate patch on the client or on the server?

I'm a little bit confused now about this patch.
Do I need this knfsd-patch for the NFS-server or just for the clients or for
both?

Thank you for your advice,
Andreas Hartmann