SCSI errors using USB mass storage device

From: Ryan Mack (rmack@mackman.net)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 17:50:31 EST

Hello, I'm running unmodified 2.4.5 on a Red Hat 7.1 system and have an
IBM DiskOnKey (a USB not-so-mass storage device). When mounting the
device, the SCSI layer responds with the error:

SCSI error: host 1 id 0 lun 0 return code = 8000002
        Sense class 7, sense error 0, extended sense 0

The device seems to work fine, and I have experienced no data corruption
or other problems. I was wondering what the cause of this error was and
if it should be taken as a warning of potential data loss.

Thanks, Ryan Mack