Re: What is i386 thread.trapno?

From: Keith Owens (kaos@ocs.com.au)
Date: Sat Jun 02 2001 - 21:42:38 EST

On Sat, 02 Jun 2001 21:31:42 -0500,
Jeff Dike <jdike@karaya.com> wrote:
>The i386 page fault handler sets trap_no to 14, so the fault isn't coming from
>there, but I can't see where a SIGSEGV is being delivered to a process with
>thread.trap_no == 1.
>
>So:
> What do these trap numbers mean?
> Where can I read about them?

Intel Architecture Software Developer's Manual Volume 3: System
Programming. Interrupt and Exception Handling, table 5.1 (postscript
extract of that table has been copied in separate private mail).
intel-ia32-arch-vol3-24319202.pdf.

>and
> Where's this segfault coming from?

Probably do_debug() which sets trapno = 1 and also uses
handle_vm86_trap(,,1).