UMSDOS symlink bug

From: Anders Larsen (anders@alarsen.net)
Date: Sun Jun 03 2001 - 14:46:44 EST

Hi,

last week I got bitten by the UMSDOS symlink bug (symlinks are
created with the last character missing).
After having found and fixed the problem, I located your address
to report it and found that the problem (and the fix!) has been
known for at least half a year.

Although your patches for other problems with UMSDOS may or
may not be ready for Linus yet, the one-liner symlink patch
should IMHO be submitted asap, since it is an obvious fix for
an obvious bug.

Apart from the symlink bug, I haven't seen any of the other
known problems (but now that I have seen your list, I'll try
systematically).

BTW, I create the UMSDOS fs on an ATA flash disk using a 2.4.5
box for use in an embedded system running 2.2.19

cheers
  Anders

--
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
 In practice there is." - Yogi Berra