Re: Looking for device to write device driver for

From: Bogdan Costescu (bogdan.costescu@iwr.uni-heidelberg.de)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 04:36:04 EST

On Sun, 3 Jun 2001, Kip Macy wrote:

> I then tried to get the interface information from 3com on their new
> 3cr990 card to add IPsec offload support to the linux driver.

Which Linux driver ? They only provide a 2.2 one which is in an alpha
stage (as written in it!).

> They responded by telling me that due to IP-heavy nature of the product
> that they would not be releasing the interface.

You were much luckier than me. To me, they said that they don't provide
any support for Linux with these cards when I was only asking for docs for
how to use their own firmware to do basic operations!

Sincerely,

Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868
E-mail: Bogdan.Costescu@IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De