Patch : IrNET v6

From: Jean Tourrilhes (jt@bougret.hpl.hp.com)
Date: Tue Jun 05 2001 - 17:04:13 EST

        Hi,

        This is the next revision of IrNET.
        The main big difference compared to the previous version is
"connection retries". Basically, instead of trying the IrDA connection
only once, we retry the full IrDA connection for as long as PPP is
trying to set up LCP. The IrDA connection may fail for various reasons
(device not aligned, packet loss, IrLAP not yet disconnected...). This
way, the user doesn't have to kill and restart the PPP instance by
himself.
        There are other minor fixes to support multiple IrDA dongle
properly from the IrNET control channel, plus a few cleanups.

        I did some heavy testing of the new code, and it basically
works and do what it's supposed to do. I've reported the few IrDA
pecularities to Dag, as usual...

        Alan : would you mind adding that to your tree ?

        Linus : maybe you want to wait until the result of testing in
Alan's tree.

        Have fun...

        Jean