Re: USBDEVFS_URB_TYPE_INTERRUPT

From: John Chris Wren (jcwren@jcwren.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 00:54:32 EST

        Sigh. What do half the answers always show up seconds after clicking
'Send'?

        I see there is a FILL_URB_INT macro in linux/usb.h, but the only things
using it seem to be drivers (as opposed to usbstress, libusb, etc). The
ioctl call supports USBDEVFS_SUBMITURB, but passing a type
USBDEVFS_URB_TYPE_INTERRUPT returns EINVAL. If the ioctl calls are the
'proper' way to talk to the USB drivers, should my code be calling
usb_submit_urb directly if I want to pass interrupt type messages?

        I don't really want to write a full-up kernel mode driver for this device,
but interrupt type messages are the preferred method for communicating,
since once a message needs to be sent, it should be timely (whereas control
messages could be delayed a significant amount on a busy USB channel).

        -- John