Re: VM suggestion...

From: Martin.Knoblauch (Martin.Knoblauch@TeraPort.de)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 05:46:12 EST

>While you guys are in there hacking, perhaps consider adding metrics
>which allows you to tell exactly when certain cases and conditions are
>hit.
> page_aged_while_sleeping_in_page_lauder++
>
>Statistics like this are cheap to use in runtime and should provide
>concrete information rather than guesses and estimations...

 after following the several [very entertaining/enlightening] threads on
VM [mis]behaviour, I wanted to ask a similar question: are there any
counters/statistics about the various buffers/caches in the VMS system,
that are easily available to userland? I know other Unix OSSes, where
you can get a lot of information about the efficiency of the subsystem.

Martin

Martin Knoblauch         |    email:  Martin.Knoblauch@TeraPort.de
TeraPort GmbH            |    Phone:  +49-89-510857-309
C+ITS                    |    Fax:    +49-89-510857-111
http://www.teraport.de   |    Mobile: +49-170-4904759