Re: [linux-usb-devel] usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=4 (error=-110)

From: Pete Zaitcev (zaitcev@redhat.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 17:03:42 EST

I had difficulties making it all work on ServerWorks III LE
based machines, most notably 2450 & 6450.

Dell fixed 2450 eventually, BIOS needs upgrade to level A11.

> > 30: 0 0 IO-APIC-level usb-ohci

The line above says that MP table contained the device.
This is the situarion with 6450 - they have the MP entry,
but there is no way to make it work. I am working with their
BIOS and hw engineers on a fix.

For the moment the workaround is to run the whole thing
with "noapic". Try it, perhaps it helps the machine in question.

-- Pete