3com Driver and the 3XP Processor

From: Brent D. Norris (brent@biglinux.tccw.wku.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 19:24:11 EST

I just had one of the "3com Etherlink 10/100 PCI NIC with 3XP processor"
float accross my desk, I was wondering how much the linux kernel uses the
3xp processor for its encryption offloading and such. According to the
hype it does DES without using the CPU, does linux take advantage of that?

Brent Norris

Executive Advisor -- WKU-Linux

System Administrator -- WKU-Center for Biodiversity
                        Best Mechanical

W: 270-745-8864
H: 270-563-9226

"The problem with the Linux learning curve is that it is _so_ steep once
 at the top you can't see the people at the bottom" --Doug Hagan