[patch] nonblinking VGA block cursor

From: Leon Breedt (ljb@devco.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 09:22:49 EST

Hi,

Attached is a patch to enforce a non-blinking, FreeBSD-syscons like
block cursor in console mode.

This is useful for laptop types, or people like me who really really
detest a blinking cursor.

NOTE: It disables the softcursor escape codes
      (/usr/src/linux/Documentation/VGA-softcursor.txt), since I don't
      ever want anything to change my cursor shape/style :)

It applies cleanly against 2.4.5, to use, select:

'VGA block cursor (non-blinking) support' in the 'Console drivers'
section of menuconfig.

Have fun,

Leon.

--