Re: Some experience of linux on a Laptop

From: William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 17:11:34 EST

Good day, John, Alan,

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> > 4: make bzImage && make modules && make modules install && cp
> > arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/'uname -r' something inside make menuconfig
>
> So really you want an outside GUI tool that lets you reconfigure build and
> install kernels. Yeah I'd agree with that. Someone just needs to write the
> killer gnome/kde config tool. I've got C code for parsing/loading config.in

        Buildkernel, at http://buildkernel.stearns.org . It handles the
entire build process, from finger to lilo.
        Not a gui, alas, but certainly reduces the amount of effort
involved.
        Cheers,
        - Bill

        "She worked with a subdued intensity... She once told me that the
only way to know when you have done something truly great is when your
spine tingles."
        - on Alice Kober, cryptanalist, in The Code Book, Simon Singh.