Re: Some experience of linux on a Laptop

From: David Lang (david.lang@digitalinsight.com)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 01:09:46 EST

if you don't preserve things running in userspace what advantage do you
have over rebooting?

if you do preserve userspace stuff then you need to also preserve the
kernel state related to each user process (including network connections,
etc), and here you are back into the problem that the kernel structures
may change on you.

David Lang