supermount

From: Sam Halliday (10226982@qub.ac.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 11:50:03 EST

This email was delivered to you by The Free Internet,
a Business Online Group company. http://www.thefreeinternet.net
hello,
    i am fairly new to linux, i need it's fast number crunching powers
for my research... and i have only recently begun to have a look at the
kernel (i believe every workman should know his tools)..... but i have
noticed that supermount is not a standard part of the project, is there
any reason why this is? is it due to man power? i would have been less
shocked by the absense of other features in the kernel such as sound and
radio support, supermount seems to me to be essential in any operating
system.....
    i apologise if this is a very silly question or if i have posted
this question in the wrong place, but please excuse me, im new to this
whole world.

and keep up the good work, i wish i knew more about the whole thing so i
could contribute something.

Sam, Ireland