Re: Bug in 3c905 driver.

From: Martin Dalecki (dalecki@evision.ag)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2001 - 15:01:48 EST

William Park wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 08:51:28PM +0200, Martin Dalecki wrote:
> > Just a note...
> >
> > This card get's detected twofold by the plain 2.4.5 kernel.
> > It get's listed twice under both lspci and during the kernel boot
> > sequence on a HP LHr3 system.
>
> I get only one message, I have 3c905CX and 2.4.5 kernel. Maybe you have
> 2 cards inside? ;-)

Could you hand me your .config file over. Maybe there is something
sensitive
in the choices for PCI acess, Power management or not - or whatever else
it may be. I would like to confirm the true source of this error.
(Currently I'm guessing at a buggy compiler provided by SuSE or buggs
in the PCI setup code or some wired kind of BIOS configuration problem).