Re: A signal fairy tale

From: Balbir Singh (balbir.singh@wipro.com)
Date: Wed Jun 27 2001 - 01:21:36 EST

Shouldn't there be a sigclose() and other operations to make the API
orthogonal. sigopen() should be selective about the signals it allows
as argument. Try and make sigopen() thread specific, so that if one
thread does a sigopen(), it does not imply it will do all the signal
handling for all the threads.

Does using sigopen() imply that signal(), sigaction(), etc cannot be used.
In the same process one could do a sigopen() in the library, but the
process could use sigaction()/signal() without knowing what the library
does (which signals it handles, etc).

Let me know, when somebody has a patch or needs help, I would like to
help or take a look at it.

Balbir