Re: Cosmetic JFFS patch.

From: Linus Torvalds (
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 12:58:41 EST

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 wrote:
> > > Taking that one step further, isn't it a developer's right to "toot their
> > > own horn" in their code?
> >
> > Right. In the code. Not in the Linux boot diagnostic information.
> Which is why I proposed earlier that we make it easy to shut them off.
> Alan piped in with the "quiet" boot option.

If they are shut off, then where's the drumming? Because if people start
making copyright printk's normal, I will make "quiet" the default.

Also, in printk's, you waste run-time memory, and you bloat up the need
for the log size. Both of which are _technical_ reasons not to do it.

Small is beuatiful.

the body of a message to
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at