Is an outside module supposed to use page cache?

From: Ho Chak Hung (hunghochak@netscape.net)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 13:16:24 EST

Hi,
I am trying to develop a module that makes use of the page cache(by allocating a LOT of pages use page_cache_alloc and then add_to_page_cache). However, I got some unresolved symbols error during insmod.(because the symbols related to lru_cache_add.... etc are not exported?) .
I am just wondering if I am not building a file system but at the same time want to allocate a lot of pages of physical memory to store something that has no backup storage as a file, should I add it to the page cache?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Thanks