Re: Cosmetic JFFS patch.

From: Kai Henningsen (kaih@khms.westfalen.de)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 17:20:00 EST

chuckw@altaserv.net wrote on 28.06.01 in <Pine.LNX.4.33.0106280732480.10308-100000@localhost.localdomain>:

> > > Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.4
> > > Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
> >
> > The later line is not something of interest to most people, and if it
> > happens to be they can research it rather than being force-fed history
> > on bootup.
>
> I've never met a single person who shared that opinion. In fact, quite the
> contrary. It's the main source of currency in this space. If you can't
> toot your own horn and/or share credit what's all of this open source
> stuff worth? We aren't all Mother Theresa now...

Does sed tell you who programmed it on startup?

Awk?

Perl?

Groff?

Gcc?

See a pattern here?

I might add that the most-used program I was one of several authors of
*never* mentioned a single author in the program messages, with the single
exception that the initials of the author actually compiling the source
were part of the version string (in an attempt to control "just which
patch to 7.53 are you talking about?" syndrome). I can't say this ever
bothered me.

MfG Kai