Re: Cosmetic JFFS patch.

From: Rob Landley (landley@webofficenow.com)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 12:19:52 EST

On Thursday 28 June 2001 14:36, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> You know what I hate? Debugging stuff like BIOS-e820, zone messages,
> dentry|buffer|page-cache hash table entries, CPU: Before vendor init,
> CPU: After vendor init, etc etc, PCI: Probing PCI hardware,
> ip_conntrack (256 buckets, 2048 max), the complete APIC tables, etc

We've got a couple of VA rackmount servers with adaptec scsi controllers that
print out several SCREENS worth of information as they probe all the busses
and joyfully announce that yes, there are still hard drives plugged into some
of them, and even gives me a list of the ones that DON'T have hard drives
plugged into them.

Interestingly, the bios also goes through a very similar ritual earlier in
the boot.

Rob