Re: linux-2.4.6-pre6: numerous dep_{bool,tristate} $CONFIG_ARCH_xxx bugs

From: Alan Cox (alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk)
Date: Sat Jun 30 2001 - 02:26:22 EST

> I do not understand what you (Alan) mean by the "'conflicts with'"
> usage. I do not believe there is any way to directly use dep_* to express
> that a "y" answer to some feature requires "n" or even "m" for another
> feature.

Uses for dep_tristate

        dep_tristate $FOO $BAR

to say 'FOO requires BAR and must be a similar setting'

        dep_tristate $FOO $BAR

to say 'FOO requires BAR and must be a similar setting _IF_CONFIGURED_'

Think about Plug and Play

A driver needs to be modular if PnP is modular, but with a non PnP kernel
can be Yes even if PNP is off.

Alan