Re: Uncle Sam Wants YOU!

From: Paul Mundt (lethal@ChaoticDreams.ORG)
Date: Sun Jul 01 2001 - 15:01:51 EST

On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 01:35:24PM -0400, Adam Schrotenboer wrote:
> So as a user you are free to not use M$ products.
> What if you are IT. Then you do not have a choice.

You always have a choice, work elsewhere. If you're in a position where you're
working with MS products, you were the one who made the decision to do so.
MS is not at fault, claiming so is childish.

> When Win95 came out, I finally got to hate M$. Then I discovered Linux
> and now I have a great dislike for M$ and their products.

This makes absolutely no sense. You didn't have a problem with MS originally,
but as soon as Win95 came out you instantly hated them? A few issues with an
OS are hardly valid grounds for "hating" a company.

Also, I don't see how once you discovered Linux your hatred for MS grew. This
also makes very little sense. If you were sitting there using MS products of
your own accord, discovered a new system, and then migrated to the other
system, that's hardly a reason to demand the head of Gates because you somehow
feel you are being "forced" (of your own accord) to use their products.

Get real, look at all the moronic things that various linux distributions do.
Is this a reason to hate linux and demand the head of Linus as compensation
for your troubles?

This kind of attitude, and you wonder why MS attacks linux.

> I appreciate that as a user you may have a choice. As a tech or MIS/IT,
> I don't have a choice. As such I believe that I have been "damaged" by M$.

Oh please, next you'll be blaming world hunger on MS because third world
countries can't afford licenses of win2k.

Regards,

--
Paul Mundt <lethal@chaoticdreams.org>