Initio 9100 Driver for Linux

From: Ingo (tischer@mathematik.uni-ulm.de)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 01:25:13 EST

Hallo,

I have a problem with the driver for Initio SCSI Controller 9100 SCSI,
a dual channel UW SCSI-Controller. On checking the SCSI bus the systems
has problems to initialize the CD-RW Sanyo (aka Brainwave) BP4-N SCSI
The CD-RW has SCSI-ID 6 on the second Controller. It is shown on
system startup an GENERIC CRD-BP4

scsi: aborting command due to timeout: pid 72, scsi 1, channel 0, id 6 lun
1 inquery 20 00 00 ff 00
SCSI host 1 abort (pid 70) timed out - resetting
SCSI bus is being reset for host 1 channel 0
SCSI host 1 channel 0 (pid 72) timed out - trying harder
SCSI bus is being reset for host 1 channel 0
tul_bad_seq.c=1

The rest of the messages I could not get because it scrolls too
fast. That's why I attached the /var/log/messages file to give you all the
needed information.

My system is a dual processor PIII-700 system with 512MB RAM.
The systems needed very much time (about the quarter of an hour) to boot
up if I turn on the CD-writer. This time I have been waiting for half an
hour without reaching the login sequence.

When I try to access it after boot the system gives error messages similar
to the one I mentioned above.

I had this problem both with Kernel 2.2.17 and 2.2.19.

Please help me.

Kind regards

Ingo Tischer
tischer@mathematik.uni-ulm.de