Re: Kernel Module tracing.

From: Richard J Moore (richardj_moore@uk.ibm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 03:08:19 EST

I missed your original post. If you want some form or generic tracing in
the kernel then DProbes with LTT might help.

With these tools you can build tracepoints without modifying the source.
You could use system.map to generate simple tracepoint definitions (having
written yourself a small program to parse the map output).

Richard

Richard Moore - RAS Project Lead - Linux Technology Centre (ATS-PIC).
http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux
Office: (+44) (0)1962-817072, Mobile: (+44) (0)7768-298183
IBM UK Ltd, MP135 Galileo Centre, Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN, UK

Constantin Loizides <Constantin.Loizides@isg.de> on 05/07/2001 16:38:26

Please respond to Constantin Loizides <Constantin.Loizides@isg.de>