Compressed loop for 2.4?

From: Nils Faerber (nils@kernelconcepts.de)
Date: Tue Jul 10 2001 - 09:02:19 EST

Hi all!
After some time browsing the net I cannot find any still existing
references to a latest version of the compressed loopback device driver
that Rusty Russel once did. And since most of Rusty's addresses do not
seem valid anymore I would like to ask here if someone knows something
about the actual status of compressed loopback drivers for 2.4 kernels
(or at least a pointer to older versions).
Or is someone else working on something like this?

The background is that we need a compressed rw filesystem for 2.4
kernels. Jffs2 would be nice but we currently use IDE-flash disks for
this project and cannot change :(

Any hints and/or pointers are welcome!
Thanks in advance
CU
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts          Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Dreisbachstr. 24         Fax: +49-271-771091-19