Re: Again: Linux 2.4.x and AMD Athlon

From: Benjamin C.R. LaHaise (blah@kvack.org)
Date: Thu Jul 12 2001 - 21:31:24 EST

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Thomas Foerster wrote:

> Seems to be the problem with the AMD optimazion in the kernel.

This sounds like a hardware problem -- none of the Athlons I'm using
experience such problems, but then I'm using boards with AMD, ALi and SiS
chipsets, but no VIA. Try updating your BIOS and making your memory
settings more conservative. If that doesn't help, I suggest replacing
your motherboard.

                -ben