Re: Patch(2.4.6):serial unmaintained (bugfix pci timedia/sunix/exsys pci cards)

From: Joerg Schmitz-Linneweber (jsl@sth.ruhr-uni-bochum.de)
Date: Fri Jul 13 2001 - 04:09:16 EST

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, 12. Juli 2001 18:31 schrieb Linus Torvalds:
> This should already be fixed in 2.4.7-pre6, can you verify that it works
> for you?
There are a lot more bugs (and "send-in" patches to Ted) which fix a lot of
problems even in the 2.4.7-x driver.
I know about a guy "Ian Abbott" (abbotti at mev.co.uk) which is active on the
serial.sf.net bug-list and has done a lot good to the serial driver. Perhaps
he should be heard regarding this.

Personally I found a (h/w) timinig problem in the inititalisation code which
hangs the "sunix" chips (and freezes the complete box). But since I couldn't
get my hands on a datasheet of these chips, I've until now only solved this
problem through a hand full of delays after "critical" I/O operations (very
ugly).

Salut, Jörg