Re: Unexpected IO-APIC messages

From: Randy.Dunlap (rddunlap@osdlab.org)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 15:14:46 EST

Hi-

The linux-smp mailing list is still alive (I won't say Active,
although some emails there do get replies).

The geocrawler archive isn't a good one to check.
Try this one instead:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-smp

You are right about the noisy message(s). The newer
IO APICs aren't in the kernel's known devices list yet.
There was a patch submitted about 2 months ago for this.
It hasn't been added to the kernel tree yet, but it
does need to be added IMO.

~Randy