Re: [Linux-mips-kernel] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Secondary mips tree.

From: Shane Nay (shane@minirl.com)
Date: Tue Jul 17 2001 - 02:16:15 EST

> That would be good. I look forward to the patches.

Most my MIPs time is in fixing small problems at the moment, but initiating a
forward port to an active repository is a Good Idea. Most of my time is
being funneled into ARM bootloader work here lately though :(.

> > linux-vr has been
> > really really stale since we froze at our present version for toolchain
> > reasons. Those toolchain problems were fixed ages ago, but Mike & Brad
> > who had been responsible for forward porting the kernel stopped doing
> > that work for the most part.
>
> So we have noticed. Things are starting to get updated now.
>
> P.S
> We have been having problems with toolchains as well. We plan to have a
> new toolchain ready by Wednesday.

Yes, there have been a lot of toolchain issues with MIPs. The last time I
went on a toolchain testing binge for MIPs was with GCC CVS in about April.
I had really good results with that toolchain with both the kernel and
userland. I did some micro tests with 3.0 and they appeared solid, but I had
updated to the latest non-CVS version of bintools and it was chocking out
lots of assembler warnings when rebuilding glibc. There are source and
binary snaps of that toolchain on the agenda FTP site under snow.

Thanks,
Shane Nay.