Re: noapic strikes back

From: Florin Andrei (florin@sgi.com)
Date: Wed Jul 18 2001 - 18:34:02 EST

On 18 Jul 2001 15:46:48 -0400, Doug Ledford wrote:
> Florin Andrei wrote:
> >
> > I tried to boot the installer with and without "noapic" option.
>
> When using my boot disk, you have to use the "apic" option, not the "noapic"
> option.

Oh, crap... :-(
Yes, "apic" is the right one. It works fine. Thank you.
Now if i only could do the same thing to the SGI XFS 1.0.1 installer...

P.S.: Doug, please, can you put a small README in the updates directory,
so people can know what option to use? I saw that URL floating around
for a while, so maybe some people (like me) will be confused when trying
to use your updated images. Thanks.

--
Florin Andrei