Re: NFS Client patch

From: Horst von Brand (vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 21:02:07 EST

Rob Landley <landley@webofficenow.com> said:
> On Thursday 19 July 2001 14:24, Pavel Machek wrote:

[...]

> > > No, if the file was removed, it still tells you where to start your
> > > search. A missing filename is just as good a marker as a present one.

> > And if new file is created with same name?

> The same thing that happens as if a new file was inserted BEFORE your
> cursor, in the part of the directory you've already looked at. You
> ignore it.

Who says that if I've got files A, B, C, D, and delete B, and create a new
B, whatever underlying directory structure there is will place it where the
old B was? It might reuse holes before A...

--
Horst von Brand                             vonbrand@sleipnir.valparaiso.cl
Casilla 9G, Vin~a del Mar, Chile                               +56 32 672616