Re: pppoe patch in 2.4.7 results - still problem

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 19:05:49 EST

"David S. Miller" wrote:
> Andrew Friedley writes:
> > When running napster/napigator from a windows machine on my LAN, the router
> > running 2.4.7 still panics. It has not been long enough to tell if the
> > "random" panics have been fixed for sure, but so far, so good - 1 day, 4
> > hour uptime right now. Here is a paste of a napster-induced panic with
> > kernel 2.4.7 followed by the ksymoops output.

> This looks like perhaps a specific problem with the 8139too
> patches to support single-copy checksumming. I could be wrong,
> but it looks nothing like the pppoe OOPS traces.

via-rhine is the only user of skb_copy_and_csum_dev at present; but the
point still stands. (I am holding off on that 8139too patch, for just a
bit, to stabilize the driver WRT bugs)

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik      | "I use Mandrake Linux for the same reason I turn
Building 1024    |  the light switch on and off 17 times before leaving