Re: Arp problem

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 20:24:57 EST

I've done this before... I used ethernet aliases to put an alias on one
subnet and the master (non-alias) on the other. Then it was just a matter
of some ipchains rules and turning on forwarding.

Matt

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 02:10:33AM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Ben Greear wrote:
>
> > The arp-filter patch is in the kernel since about 2.4.4, so you just need
> > to turn it on...
>
> on a related note:
>
> if i have 2 logical subnets on the wire, linux listening on both, is
> there any way to get linux to fully route packets between the 2
> subnets?
>
> at the moment it just issues a icmp_redirect, which isn't good enough
> for certain hosts (eg win9x at least).
>
> > Ben
>
> regards,
> --
> Paul Jakma paul@clubi.ie paul@jakma.org
> PGP5 key: http://www.clubi.ie/jakma/publickey.txt

Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

It's not that hard. No matter what the problem is, tell the customer to reinstall Windows. -- Nurse User Friendly, 3/22/1998