Re: *very* strange heisenbug (kernel? libc?)

From: David Madore (david.madore@ens.fr)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 09:30:53 EST

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 12:48:43PM -0700, James Washer wrote:
> Almost certainly, the bug you are experiencing is the same bug we reported
> yesterday under the subject "switch_mm() can fail to load ldt on SMP".

Thanks. Please keep us informed. It may also be of use to write to
the bug-glibc@gnu.org mailing-list to mention that that problem does
*not* come from the libc (although it seems that nobody was
interested, anyway).

describes some other problems which seem to be somehow connected to
kernel-2.4+glibc-2.2(libpthread). I'll review the list when the LDT
problem has been fixed to see if other bugs have disappeared
automagically.

Happy hacking,

--
     David A. Madore