Re: Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 3b617b05 ( was Re: swap_free: swap-space map bad (entry 00000100) )

From: Samuel Dupas (samuel@dupas.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 10:35:34 EST

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 08:29:18 -0700
Larry McVoy <lm@bitmover.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 04:24:23PM +0100, Samuel Dupas wrote:
> > I change the kernel (now 2.2.19) and I still have the same problem. It
> > begin by a "Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address"
>
> Did you change memory or CPU lately? I had a pile of these yesterday
> after we dropped in a 1.3Ghz K7. Turned out our memory was border line,
> I swapped in some new mem and no more problems.

No I didn't change the hardware. The server is installed in our
colocation-center for 3 weeks but was not really used so far.
I discover theses lines in the logs and in fact the server restarts itself
when it fails.
And as I am a bit far from the server, I can't test a hardware changement
yet.

I want to know if it's an hardware problem or not, and if it's the hard
disk, the memory etc...

Any Idea ?

Thanks

Samuel