Re: 2.4.7-pre9..

From: Matthew Dharm (mdharm-kernel@one-eyed-alien.net)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 11:18:58 EST

Oh damn....

It looks like I missed an important discussion in the torrent of e-mail
that I receive... could someone give me the 30-second executive summary so
I can look at what may need to change in usb-storage?

Matt

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 12:56:35PM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > I've changed all generic code, so drivers are all expected to compile and
> > work. However, some SCSI drivers use the semaphore trick in their own
> > code, and I've not mucked with that. It's not worth worrying about too
> > much, as the race is basically impossible to hit (famous last words), but
>
> I smell problems in usb/storage/*...
>
> <evil>
> What about adding strategic udelay() somewhere so race is easier to hit?
> </evil>
> Pavel
> --
> Philips Velo 1: 1"x4"x8", 300gram, 60, 12MB, 40bogomips, linux, mutt,
> details at http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/velo/index.html.
>
> -

Matthew Dharm                              Home: mdharm-usb@one-eyed-alien.net

You should try to see the techs say "three piece suit". -- The Chief User Friendly, 11/23/1997