Re: 2.4.7 softirq incorrectness.

From: Maksim Krasnyanskiy (maxk@qualcomm.com)
Date: Fri Jul 27 2001 - 14:21:46 EST

> > Also it doesn't fix the scenario that I described (reschedule while running). I'm still wondering why don't I hit that trylock/BUG
> > in tasklet_action.
>
>How old the problem is ? Was it always present ?
That's a good question. Data ordering check in Bluetooth tools was introduced pretty recently.
So, before 2.4.7 I wasn't paying attention to it and there for didn't notice any problems with
tasklets.

>To be honest, this is too strong bug to believe to this at all. :-)
:) Agree. But I checked all my code, tx_task is called from tasklet only. And I do see that it's getting run on several
cpus at the same time.

Also don't you agree with that it's possible (at least in theory) to hit that trylock/BUG in tasklet_action ?

Max

Maksim Krasnyanskiy
Senior Kernel Engineer
Qualcomm Incorporated