Re: ReiserFS / 2.4.6 / Data Corruption

From: Chris Wedgwood (cw@f00f.org)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 06:10:23 EST

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 10:15:03PM +1200, Matthew Gardiner wrote:

    tsk tsk tsk. A bit disappointing that Vertias has taken that approach.
    However, even still, reiserFS is pretty awsome. Extremely fast and space
    efficient, esp on a 60gig drive ;)

Why "tsk tsk tsk" ? If reiserfs suits you, use it --- you need never
go near VXFS.

Personally, even though I use reiserfs, I am of the opinion that XFS,
and VXFS and both superior, especially when you include volume
management. Time will show whether or not these very well designed
file-systems are suitable under Linux though, as reiserfs has a
considerable head start.

  --cw